Wednesday, April 30, 2008

oh lovely day. or, teambuilding + rock and roll = best tuesday ever.

yesterday was one of those fabulous, near-perfect days. one of those days where the glow stays with you for the remainder of the week.

my team spent the day getting out of town and our busy routines to have a team building day. it was so wonderful to be together with no agenda but building our relationships with each other. i adore my teammates! we spent the day at la fontaine de vaucluse, which is incredibly beautiful. pictures coming soon.

last night i got to be a rockstar, and it might have been the best night i've had in france. my band, weatherbeat, played a show at ipn, a club here in aix, and it was amazing! we rocked so hard and we packed the place out. i've still got the after-concert glow. check back on the blog very soon for lots of pictures, stories, and video clips from the show. for now, i'll leave you with our band photo (which was plastered on posters all over town for a week). i'm a proud mama, and this band is my baby.



i'm blogging right now from the balcony of my hotel room, overlooking the rooftops of aix and the rotonde fountain. no, i don't usually stay in hotels in my hometown just for the fun of it. but this weekend is my flatmate hilary's wedding, and the caterer (a friend from amsterdam) is staying in our apartment all week so she can do all the food prep. which means andrea and i get a little vacation in our hometown. we're enjoying it so much! and yes, getting ready for my big concert in the hotel last night made me feel even more like a rockstar :)

No comments: