Tuesday, March 27, 2007

An AIXplanation of pronunciation. Or, The life of a church planter is hard, we have to make ourselves laugh somehow.

Before I moved here, I would get a lot of confused looks and questions when trying to explain to non-French people where in France I would be living. "Aix? What's that? Is that a word? Oh, it's a city? How do you pronounce that? Ox? Aches? Ikes?"

No, it's Aix. Like X. Like X marks the spot of where Kerri will be living in France.

To clear up any confusion on the pronunciation of my beloved city, let me share with you an email exchange between several of our team members regarding the planning of our Easter service:

Apryl,
For Easter, if Katrina and Megan play violin and Kerri plays flute...we’ll have our own orchAIXtra!!! It will be a great AIXperiment, and I’m AIXtremely AIXcited! Hopefully no one will take AIXception!
(AIXcuse my AIXtraneous email :))
Dom

Ah, Dom, that was AIXcruciating!
Apryl

Dom, I would have AIXpected this from Apryl, but not from you!
Kerri

Please stop using such AIXplicit language!
Megan

1 comment:

dom. said...

Kerri,
I am really enjoying your posts. You really write from who you are and I feel like I'm a part of your adventure as I'm reading along. I'm thrilled that God has orchAIXstrated for you to reconnect with your "cell phone girl" - what a gift! I'm running off to have my mroning prayer time right now and I will be praying for you - for your day, for your adjustment, for all those paperwork type things that are not so fun to do but you have to do to get established in France, for team relationships, and whatever else God lays on my heart. Joanie emailed me last week and we're going to talk on the phone soon about me and CAI. . . I think that reading your blog is a healing thing - good and difficult in this confusing time. May God show you His great love and blessing as you serve him.
bis,
Dom